TruckMadPeople
April 18, 2024, 07:28:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

1964 Diamond T

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: 1964 Diamond T  (Read 2316 times)
werkhorse
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2008, 11:23:50 am »

My name is Rod Morgan from Image Exhibitions.

I, unfortunately, have a wonderful 1964 Diamond T for sale. The reason I am forced to sell it is due to finances.
We have owned it for the last 5 years and we have looked after her very well. We bought it with a 6V71 and my driver was not happy with that, so we bought a 6V92 Turbo and shoe horn it in there. It had a new clutch, water pump, radiator reconditioned and we had a new 5" twin exhaust fitted.
The truck overall is in great condition, get in start and drive.
We have used it 8 times per year, dragging our 48ft tautliner trailer to various Field Days events around Victoria and NSW. It is serviced more than it should be.
I took it in to have a muffler replaced under warranty and upon pick up they informed us they had welded 3" tube in the stacks, as it was a resonation problem.....I thought this was very strange? We were assured it was all good and took off on our merry way to Horsham. About half way there it shut down as it had over heated...Long story short, it had cracked 2 heads. We managed to limp it there and back home again and it was then sent up to Detroit for a full rebuild.
While it was off the road, we had quite a few jobs on, so found an old Atkinson and used it to do our other jobs.
My driver has decided that he likes the Atkinson, so we have now fully rebuilt it. I do not need 2 trucks sitting in my drive and need to sell the Diamond.

I am open to offers on it as the sooner I sell it the better as I have over spent and need to pay some bills.
If you know anyone that may be interested in a wonderful old truck, please let me know at  imageexhibition@i.net.au

Cheers,
Rod Morgan...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum